What Is the Sports Center of Excellence?
Athletes put their bodies through stress that most other people don’t. When they get injured, they need medical professionals that understand the unique needs, issues and challenges of their chosen sport.
That’s why Summit Medical Group created the Sports Center of Excellence. We know that one specialty may not be able to fully address every condition, injury, procedure or preventive measure an athlete may need.
Our orthopedic surgeons have been part of the medical teams for high school, college and professional sports teams around the state and across the country. We know what athletes go through on and off the field, and we focus on both treatment and injury prevention. That’s why hundreds of athletes trust Summit Medical Group’s Sports Center of Excellence.
Orthopedics Department Specialties
When you join us at the Sports Center of Excellence, you’ll have access to the following orthopedics specialties:
Nearly every sport requires the use of the feet and ankles. When your lower extremities aren’t at 100 percent, you can’t expect your performance to be either. Our foot and ankle specialists are well-trained in treating the below-the-knee conditions athletes often experience.
As the two largest weight-bearing joints in the body, the hips and the knees can take a lot of punishment in sports. Our hip and knee specialists can help diagnose, treat and prevent injuries to these important joints.
Tennis elbow, golfers’ elbow, rotator cuff injuries. Athletics can be rough on the shoulders and elbows. Our specialists can get you back to feeling your best, whether you’re a weekend warrior or the next Tom Brady.
Other Summit Medical Group Departments
In order to provide you with a full spectrum of care, our sports medicine team works hand-in-hand with the following specialties and services:
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture can be an effective complementary treatment for musculoskeletal conditions such as lower back pain, osteoarthritis and shoulder pain.
- Imaging and Radiology: You know when something’s not right because you’re not performing like you used to. Our imaging and radiology department can help figure out exactly what is holding you back.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is a great way to unwind and ease those sore muscles after a tough session on the field or in the weight room.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is an important part of recovering from injury, strengthening your body and ensuring you can stay safe while you play your sport.
- Physiatry: Physiatrists are experts in nonsurgical management of injuries and rehabilitation. Think of our physiatrists as the quarterbacks of your recovery team.
- Urgent Care: Sports sometimes hurt–some more than others–and sometimes you’ll be injured but can’t get to your regular doctors in a timely fashion. Go to any of our four urgent care facilities for quick diagnosis and treatment.
Convenience and Continuity
When you come to Summit Medical Group’s Sports Center of Excellence, you’re getting convenience and world-class care in one package. And, since every doctor has access to your medical records, it’s a seamless transition going from one specialist to another.
If you’re ready to improve your performance in the gym or on the field, or if you have a sports-related injury for which you want the best care possible, request an appointment[link to contact form TK] with one of our specialists today.