Schedule an Appointment
If you'd like to schedule an appointment, follow the link below and login to our Patient Portal. There you will be able to manage all of your appointments. Thank you for choosing Summit Medical Group.
Howard B. Yeon, MD
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
Languages Spoken:English (American),
Dr. Yeon is a board certified Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon specializing in open and minimally invasive procedures of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. A graduate of Harvard College, Dr. Yeon received his A.B. in Biochemical Sciences magna cum laude with a thesis investigating the genetic basis of musculoskeletal deformities. While earning a joint medical degree from Harvard Medical School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Dr. Yeon continued his human genetics research; as a Howard Hughes student grant recipient, he localized the gene responsible for an inherited syndrome involving acne and arthritis. Enrolling in a joint program in medicine and law, Dr. Yeon earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Harvard Law School.
Dr. Yeon completed his Orthopaedic training at the Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency, where he was Orthopaedic Chief Resident at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. He completed his subspecialty training in Spine and Scoliosis Surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City.
In over a decade of clinical practice, Dr. Yeon has performed well over 2000 spinal surgeries, and he was recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in 2019 and 2020. His clinical interests include minimally invasive spine procedures, and he participated on multiple expert panels to develop technology to improve minimally invasive lumbar fusion. In 2018, Dr. Yeon was awarded a design patent by the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a less invasive spinal interbody implant.
Outside of work, Dr. Yeon is an avid Squash and Tennis player, and he enjoys family time and travel.
- Valley Hospital Ridgewood, NJ
- Hackensack University Medical Center at Pascack Valley Westwood, NJ
- Hudson Regional Hospital Secaucus, NJ
Education & Certifications
- A.B. Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
- M.D. Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- J.D. Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency, Boston MA
- Spine and Scoliosis Surgery Hospital for Special Surgery, New York NY
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Artificial cervical disc placement/cervical arthroplasty
- Cervical foraminotomy
- Cervical laminectomy
- Greater trochanteric bursa injections
- Lateral interbody fusion/XLIF
- Lumbar artificial disc placement / lumbar arthroplasty
- Lumbar discectomy
- Lumbar ESI (transforaminal and interlaminar)
- Lumbar fusion/TLIF, ALIF, PLIF
- Lumbar laminectomy
- Lumbar spinal fusion
- Revision cervical fusion
- Revision lumbar fusion
- Sacroiliac joint blocks and denervation
- Spinal stenosis decompression
- Thoracic discectomy/fusion
- Thoracic laminectomy
- Trigger point injections
- Back pain
- Bulging discs
- Cervical kyphosis
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative spondylolisthesis
- Failed surgeries
- Herniated disc
- Inflammatory or infectious conditions of the spine
- Neck pain
- Prior surgery
- Spinal instability
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine tumors
- Synovial cyst
- Pyogenic Arthritis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, and Acne Syndrome Maps to Chromosome 15q
- A complex bilateral polysyndactyly disease locus maps to chromosome 7q36.
- Anterior Lumbar Instrumentation Improves Correction of Severe Lumbar Lenke C Curves in Double Major Idiopathic Scoliosis
- Molecular genetics of macular dystrophies.
- Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty with a Proximally Porous Coated Hip Stem
- “Doctor, was this surgery done wrong?”: Ethical issues in providing second opinions.
- Functional outcome of knee articular cartilage repair in adolescent athletes
- The Use of Allograft as a Bone Graft Substitute for Congenital Spine Deformities.
- Focal Nodular Heterotopic Ossification: A New Syndrome
- Worker’s Compensation Terminology.
- Physician Discipline
- The Medical-Legal Aspects of Informed Consent in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paradoxic Cerebral Embolism After Cemented Knee Arthroplasty: A Report of 2 Cases and Prophylactic Option for Subsequent Arthroplasty
- Choice Plans
- Medicare Advantage
- Open Access
We are not in network with Aetna New Jersey Savings Plus Individual EPO Plan, Aetna Aexcel Plan, or APCN NNJ (Aetna Premier Care Network Northern New Jersey ). We are not a participating facility for imaging and lab services with the Aetna Medicare Prime plan.
- Open Access
- Open Access Plus
We are not in network with AmeriHealth Local Value Plans and NJ Tier-1 Advantage Plans.
We are not in network with Anthem HMO Plans.
- Cigna Health Plan (CHP)
- Network Open Access
Participating provider agreement
We are not in network with Empire HMO Plans.
- Direct Access
For Invited Novartis Employees Or Covered Dependents Only.
- BC out-of-state PPO plans
- Horizon Blue Medicare Advantage
- Railroad Medicare
- Traditional Medicare
- Oscar NJ Individual & Family Plans
- Oscar NJ PPO Plan
- Freedom Plans
- Liberty Plans
We are not in network with Oxford Americhoice Plan, Compass Plan, or Garden State HMO Plan.
We are not in network with Tricare Prime HMO.
- AARP Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Advantage
- New York State Health Insurance Plan (NYSHIP)